You probably thought my absence from the blog meant that we were closing on our house and moving...that's where you'd be wrong. We were not able to meet the deadline set by the builder and didn't close. We were disappointed but not crushed about not closing on that house. Fortunately, this isn't our first rodeo. We decided to be a bit ahead of the game and set out to find a "back-up" home in the event of not being able to meet the deadline. We found one, made an offer and they accepted. We are back in the saddle again. Yes, I know...western "cliches". :-)
This next house is much smaller, thankfully, and is not a "cookie cutter" house. The builder is an individual, rather than a company, so the homes they build are different. It is a bit more "farmhouse-style" than I really like but I think by choosing the right decor, I can make it the little cottage I've always dreamed of owning. We are calling it "The House on the Hill". It's actually more of a steep incline, but "The House on the Steep Incline" just didn't sound very appealing.
I have been very hesitant to share any news on the blog about us finding a different home because I feel like I'm just jinxing the entire house-hunting process by even talking about it...crazy, I know. I have shared a few photos on Instagram and would love for to you to take a peek over there and let me know what you think. Just follow the link to find me!
Now, on to other things...I've been away from the blog because we have so many things going on....trying to get closed on a house, looking for a house after each one falls through, tons of work, company and personal taxes and most importantly, my mother's and nephew's health. I had to travel back to Alabama because they both had heart attacks a couple of weeks ago and since I've returned, my mother has had congestive heart failure which required yet another hospital stay. She is going to need heart surgery in the next few weeks to repair a mitral valve and replace an aortic valve. They will not be able to perform the surgery without opening up the chest completely. Her health is not good right now so prayers for her and for our family would be much appreciated. The doctors have still not been able to find out what is wrong with my nephew....we are terribly worried about him. He is still experiencing unexplained fever and heart issues.
Since I will once again be traveling back and forth to Alabama (in addition to work travel), I'm not sure how often I will be able to sit down to write a post. I will try to be posting pics of the new house (if we close and move) to my Instagram so that I can stay in touch with all of you. And, I hope to be throwing some idea boards together for the new place!