Rockin' to the Beat


How many of you listen to some sort of music when you are cleaning house?  I'm thinking the majority of you are raising your hands right now!  Listening to some great tunes helps the medicine, I mean housework, go more smoothly.

What rocks in the house when I'm doing things I don't like?  The EIGHTIES -- much to the hubby's chagrin. :-)   Now, don't get me wrong.  I have my moods when I want to ballet around the house in socks listening to Tchaikovsky while I'm swiffering the floors.

Sometimes, I want to Rock the Jukebox or do a Boot Scootin' Boogie while running the vacuum.  Or head on down to Jackson with Johnny Cash and my magic duster.  But MOST of the time, 80s music is what I prefer.

In honor of my favorite period of music, I thought I would share a song or 2 with you.  I promise you won't be able to hear me sing!

I used to have a Halloween costume just like this!


Back when Converse tennis shoes with an expensive suit was cool!


I think my face would fall off from all that makeup!


So what is it that you rock out to while cleaning the house?






Okay, so I may have danced a little during the last video....

2 comments

  1. I listen to music from the 1920s through the 1940s, when I clean and cook, but once in a while I get nostalgic for some 1970s rock or country. My boy loves 1980s hairbands, so I try to deal with that once in awhile, since he puts up with my stuff :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, great music! I enjoy swing and big band stuff, along with the "crooners"! Hair bands -- there are not many of those I can listen to -- you are a great mom to listen to that! LOL Hugs!!

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I do love hearing from you and enjoy visiting your blogs. I will respond via email or by replying to your comment here on my blog! Have a wonderful day!