Laughter...

...does a body good!  No, wait, that's the milk ad campaign.

Laughter is the best medicine!  Hmmm, I think that used to be a segment in Reader's Digest Magazine.

Well, anyway, whatever it is, here is another oldie but goodie...Circa 1979 - Summer, obviously. 


See what happens when you mix iodine and baby oil and lounge out in the sun for 12 hours a day in your front yard on a quilt?!?!?  You turn the color of my sister!

While I may have left the trauma of the purple crushed velvet pants behind, I entered my chipmunk years at the age of 17.  Those cheeks are the result of having my wisdom teeth removed...in November 1978...at Thanksgiving!  While everyone else was eating turkey, I was being fed some sort of bizarre pain medication and growing chipmunk jowls.  Those things lasted until I was about 23.

When you stop laughing, leaving a comment!  :-)

6 comments

  1. Wow! That's a throwback for sure!! Good ol' Flowers Street!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a very long, long time ago...in a galaxy far, far away....LOL

      Delete
  2. Wow that reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaStLKaXuQ I think your sister was darker though lol

    I think you're beautiful, even if you're wearing those pants ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rue, you are too sweet! LMAO….they are definitely a sight! But I remember that I loved that stupid outfit…much more so than my hip hugger bell bottoms and tube top! LOL And that hair is exactly why I keep it short now…sheesh.

      OMGOSH!! I remember that commercial and we used that stuff sometimes. It had an SPF 2 and we thought that was the worst thing ever and that it prevented us from getting a decent tan! Yes, my sister is definitely darker…LOL. She will not go in the sun now without tons of sunscreen and a hat! These times they are a ‘changin’…  Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Hot! If I hadn't still been in Underoos at the time, I'd have asked you out.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I do love hearing from you and enjoy visiting your blogs. I will respond via email or by replying to your comment here on my blog! Have a wonderful day!