It Happened at the Fair...

...the Country Living Fair, that is.  The Country Living Fair took place this weekend in Lebanon, TN.  Just 3 hops, 2 skips and 7 jumps down the road from me.  Actually, it was a little bit further than that, but who cares!  It was the Country Living Fair!


This was my first time to attend.  There were so many great things to see....and buy!  But before I show you what treasures I found at the fair, I have to tell you about the most wonderful popcorn I've ever put in my mouth!  It is Kettle Corn by the Wilson Family.  It is only sold at fairs and carnivals, which makes me very sad.  The hubby and I finished off a bag as long as my arm - in less than an hour!  We couldn't stop eating it -- we know it had to be covered in MSG because we couldn't keep our hands out of that darn bag.  I almost went back on Sunday (entry fee was $16.00) just to purchase another huge bag of that popcorn.  It would have been the most expensive popcorn purchase in our family history!!   OH. MY. GOSH.  It was the perfect blend of salty and sweet and just melted in your mouth.  I need to stop talking about it because I'm going to start crying -- we don't have any more and we can't buy it again until August when the fair comes around.

Now that the jag is over with about that wonderfully delicious mouth-watering popcorn, I will show you some goodies.

I found this awesome vintage thermos.


It is in excellent shape with only a few scratch marks.  The inside is perfect!  There were only 2 of these at this particular booth.  I bought one and a lady who drove down from Michigan bought the other.  Did you catch that?  She drove down from Michigan.  It was 30 degrees and snowing when she left Michigan.  We chatted while standing in line about our twin thermoses.


We are two very wise women!

I also picked up this beautiful picnic basket.


It was from the same booth.  There were only two of these also.  No, the woman from Michigan did not buy the other picnic basket.  :-)


I have big plans for this guy.

As usual, two stray books followed me home.


This happens to me all the time and I just don't know how to make it stop!

Another purchase -- this adorable twig hanging basket.


It will hang perfectly on my front door.


A great score  - the olive bucket.


I've always wanted one but was hesitant to order it until I had an up close and personal look.  The owner of this booth started out with over 20 of these.  By the time I made my purchase, she had two left.  While I was standing in line to pay, someone grabbed another one.


Very popular items these little olive buckets.

I know I should have taken photos of all the booths and goodies, but I wanted to enjoy the day.  Plus, I think I might have been trampled if I had tried to move women out of the way to snap a few shots!  :-)





14 comments

  1. Awesome finds! I have always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I have always wanted to go as well and was so glad that I could do it this year! Later in the year my goal is to make it to Antique Week at Round Top...we'll see...LOL

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to go too, but I live in CA so I will just have to read about all the treasures like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be a bit of a drive…LOL. I think this is the first time they’ve been in Tennessee. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Great finds, Benita! I'm jealous...I have never been, either. Come on down for Round Top, though...it's only an hour and a half away from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! We moved a few months ago from Dallas…I miss it like CRAZY! We are back and forth all the time. When we went back in January, I went to the Magnolia Market in Waco!! LOL Have you ever been to First Monday at Canton?

      Delete
  4. It looks like it was a lot of fun with some great finds! xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an experience for sure!  Have a great evening!

      Delete
  5. Benita,
    I love all your purchases, but my favorite is the picnic basket! I've always wanted to go to a Country Living Fair, but have never had time, money, location all come together at the same time. One day... I did go to a very small antique fair in Hico, TX and found a few treasures that will show up in a post.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith! The picnic basket is my favorite also (and the thermos) -- it was so vintage, rustic and quaint! :-) I've been trying to decide whether or not to white wash it or leave it as it is and put a little wax on it to protect it. I like the white wash look but I also like the original look of the basket and don't want to ruin it. I'm glad the Country Living Fair landed so close so that I could go. I've always wanted to go. Hico, TX? I don't know if I've ever heard of that. I've been to First Monday at Canton and really enjoyed that trip -- so many treasures! Can't wait to see your treasures!! :-) Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  6. Did you find a small olive bucket or is the twig basket very long? I have three old large olive baskets, but would love a smaller one. Every year the CL Fair is just three hours away and every year I say I will go, but there is always something nearby I want to attend. I would not distress the picnic basket. Love the Thermos story - like a separated at birth story on Lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The olive bucket is small, but still pretty large.  We saw some that were quite a bit larger, that’s why I put this one in the small category. The twig basket is about 15 inches long and 13 inches wide. It turned out cute hanging on the front door. I’ve decided to leave the picnic basket the way it is. It is so vintage that I’m afraid I would mess it up! LOL @ a Thermos Lifetime Movie…that is too funny! Have a wonderful evening!!

      Delete
  7. Great finds, Benita!

    I went to that fair once, when I lived in Ohio. I bought the little bird cage that sits on my mantle there. The women are probably all bloggers, so you definitely would have been trampled trying to get pics LOL

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rue! I love that birdcage you have and think it is adorable! The hubby stood out of the way watching over me to make sure I was safe…LOL The crowd resembled one that you would fine at a bargain basement sale back in the day…LOL Never get in the way of a woman on a mission! :-) Hugs!!

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I do love hearing from you and enjoy visiting your blogs. I will respond via email or by replying to your comment here on my blog! Have a wonderful day!