In The Bedroom...

Occasionally, my husband can coerce me into relaxing a little bit longer in bed on a Saturday morning, especially if it is raining.  We rarely "lounge around", so it seemed like a good morning to do so.  I wanted to catch up on some reading and didn't really feel like hopping up to make breakfast, so it didn't take too much encouragement from him to just relax.


Instead of a heavy "breakfast in bed", we opted for fruit and snacks.  Recognize that old crate?  It made a perfect bed tray, don't you think?


The good thing about spring is that fruit is in "season" and you don't have to eat sour grapes.  These grapes were plump and sweet.


I much prefer green grapes over red.  And we definitely like the seedless variety!  The sweetness of the chocolate chip muffins is a perfect balance to the sour green apples.


A little crunch was added with some white cheddar popcorn, cheese crackers and mini-melba toast.


Do you see my little princess?  Isn't she gorgeous with these white roses?


While I'm in the bedroom, I would like for you to take a little closer look at our new coverlet and shams.  I feel as though I just glossed over them in a previous post. I found these wonderful floral sheets at HomeGoods.  I really like the contrasting colors of the black and white with the colors of the sheets.  The sheets add some color to a neutral room but are not overpowering or bold.  They are soft and "shabby".  Just the way I like it!


I also found this adorable black and white coverlet set at HomeGoods for a very inexpensive price. I really do like this set.  The black and white floral contrasts with the coverlet's underside of black and white stripes.




These scalloped edges make the set seem more high end. When I got home, I started searching on the internet for the matching bed pillows and euro shams.


They are not to be found.  What I did find is that I got an excellent deal on my bedding set.  I have found it on e-Bay for quite a bit more than what I paid for it. That is the great thing about HomeGoods -- wonderful items for great prices! It is definitely my top "go to" store when I'm looking for bedding or most anything else.


Since I have been unable to find the coordinating pillows, I had considered making my own, but we ALL know about my road to pillow disaster.  So, I will keep looking or find someone to make the coordinating pillows for me.

But for now, we are just enjoying our relaxing time on a rainy, Saturday morning!  Happy Saturday!

32 comments

  1. The roses for perfect for the silver princess. Love the bed linens. You put the chocolate tray to good use. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna…I thought the roses and silver were a perfect pair! :-) And thank you on the new bed stuff – lighter weight for the coming heat! Have an awesome day!!

      Delete
  2. I love your chocolate crate...I have a photo saved from a few years ago to reproduce it! Are you a chocolate fiend, too? Beautiful photos of yor special morning, Benita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thank you so much! When we ran across the crate the other day I picked it up, even though I did not need another crate. We have quite a few but they each have their own unique details and it is difficult to pass them by! And yes, I love chocolate!! I've recently acquired a taste for darker chocolates and can't seem to get enough of them! :-) Have a most wonderful day!!

      Delete
  3. Your bedding is gorgeous! We don't have a Home Goods in the entire state of OK. Wish we did!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I don't know what I would do without a HomeGoods close by. Are you close enough to drive into Texas? There are definitely plenty of them there! Have a wonderful Easter!

      Delete
    2. Only store I frequent. We have one 10 minutes away. I need to work there, seriously.

      Delete
    3. LOL…Ours is only about 10 minutes away also. And I’m with you… I need a job there as well. They can keep my paycheck. I will take merchandise! :-) Have a great evening!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photography. Your bedding is lovely, too. But, seriously, those photos are styled and shot to perfection. They look like they could have come from a Better Homes & Gardens magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you so very much! I enjoy photography so much -- I love how things look so different once you look through the viewfinder. Have a wonderful Easter and thank you again!

      Delete
  5. i LOVE home goods:) such pretty bedding, but, the treat filled crate just might be my favorite, benita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my most favorite stores! I'm in there at least once a week, sometimes 3 or 4 times, depending on what I'm looking for! Thank you Lynn, and the crate was my favorite also! :-) Have a wonderful Easter!

      Delete
  6. You really do take amazing photos, Benita. I think I need a morning in bed like you had. It was a busy weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rue! I know what you mean. Sometimes, you just have to take a break and relax! HUGS!!

      Delete
  7. Just beautiful! Your pictures are amazing!
    Thanks for sharing on Something to Talk About! Pinning!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words and appreciate you ladies hosting each week! Have a great evening!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing how you have breakfast in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your hosting the link party each week. I know it is a lot of work, but it is a great help for those of us with new blogs. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  9. Really enjoyed your post...your pictures and words were fabulous. Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I appreciate you ladies hosting! I know it is a lot of work!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful and I love the mix of patterns. Featuring you at Wow this week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you so very much! This will be my very first feature -- you made my day! Thank you again!! Have a great evening!

      Delete
  11. Benita ~

    Thanks for sharing at the Thursday Favorites Blog Hop! Hope to see you back tonight! I featured you on Tuesday Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi, thank you so much for the feature!! It is much, much appreciated! Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for a great link party!

      Delete
  12. the perfect setting for a morning spent snuggled in bed . Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Your photos are stunning.xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, thank you so much! And thank you for hosting the parties. I know they are a lot of work and it is much appreciated! Have a great day! Hugs!

      Delete
  13. I absolutely love HomeGoods and your new bedding is so pretty. They always have such beautiful items. Thank you for sharing your wonderful relaxing Saturday morn with us at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, thank you so much! HomeGoods is one of those stores that I frequent, often. They do have beautiful items and great prices! I've found some of the most adorable things in there at more than half the price of what other stores charge! Thank you for the wonderful link party! Always some great ideas! Have a great day!

      Delete
  14. Love those bed linens, I am starting to wish we had a homegoods here in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HomeGoods needs to get over there! You would love it. I hate that they do not offer online shopping.

      Delete
  15. Benita, I can't remember the last time that I stayed in bed and just relaxed. Sounds like such a wonderful thing to do. Hubby usually wakes up at 6 and I usually sleep till 7 so the thought doesn't even occur. We do hang out together and veg in our theater room some weekends. I love your bedding! Home Goods is my go to store as well. You can't beat them for the price and I love their style! I never walk out of there empty handed. : ) The white roses are gorgeous! Can't wait till I have roses blooming in the garden. Thanks so much for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jann! We find that we have to take a break sometimes and just have a day where we do little to nothing! If we can do that every once in a while, we feel that we can catch our breath! :-) I’m the same way with HomeGoods. I very rarely leave without something, even if it is just some potholders or something. Thank you for hosting such a great party! I hope to be back in a week or so since I’m traveling! Have a great evening! Hugs!!

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I do love hearing from you and enjoy visiting your blogs. I will respond via email or by replying to your comment here on my blog! Have a wonderful day!