Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow...and Mud Pie

While we didn't get the predicted "Blizzard of the Year", we do have some ice and now the snow has started falling.  I love snow -- it makes everything white, light, bright and airy!  :-)  And it is nice to enjoy one of these Cinnamon Bun cupcakes and some hot chocolate while watching it snow.  Isn't it cool that the powdered sugar looks like snow?  :-)


I told my husband I would give him a few more minutes of work time and then we would head outside to join the neighborhood festivities.


I don't know how many of you have heard of Mud Pie products.  I absolutely LOVE them!  They are too cute and have such a vintage look to them.  I purchased my first set at the Frisco Mercantile in Frisco, TX.  As I've previously mentioned, I really love that store and always come away with an armload of treasures for my home!

They can be a little pricey, but can be found at some stores for very reasonable prices.  Some of the pieces I have were purchased at HomeGoods. The platter below is sold on the Mud Pie website for over $30.00.  I found it for $9.00.  Quite a bargain, right?


Pottery Barn also carries some of these adorable items, but you will pay a steep price for them at Pottery Barn.


I found this cute little butter knife just in time for Thanksgiving. I also have another set of cheese knives and the napkin holder.

You can peruse their website if these little gems pique your interest.  I will be ordering the sugar pack holder to add to my collection.  I hope you find something you like!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have never heard of Mud Pie. I will confess to not coming over to read this post thinking it was filled with a delicious recipe for mud pie that was no where near my diet. Now this post cannot be a flop - I posted on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL…Donna, I love your comments! You always bring a smile to my face…and some hearty laughing out loud! I’m glad you finally read the post. I really like these products because they have a little bit of a vintage feel to them! Have a wonderful day and thank you! :-)

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I do love hearing from you and enjoy visiting your blogs. I will respond via email or by replying to your comment here on my blog! Have a wonderful day!

© Chasing Quaintness | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig