A Valentine's Affair

I hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day!  We are preparing for the first official snow of 2015 here in Tennessee.  We hope to get enough snow to make some Snow Ice Cream - YUM!

We celebrated our Valentine's Affair with relaxation and watching SNL Rewind -- some of the skits were as good as I remembered, some were unwatchable, as expected.  Shows in our memory are always much better than they actually were.

I did take the time to prepare a couple of special meals for my hubby.  The day started with Valentine's Day pancakes dusted with powdered sugar.  I love the pink!  I used regular pancake mix (extra fluffy) and added cinnamon sugar, vanilla extract and red food coloring.
I baked some cookies for snacking.  I took a shortcut here by purchasing the Pillsbury pre-cut sugar cookies.  Saves time and tastes just as good as homemade.
Dinner was extra special.  My friend Connie (in Wyoming) told me about a great recipe she saw on Food Network's The Kitchen.  It sounded delicious, seemed simple and I knew the hubby would love it.  The menu:  Grilled Filet Mignon with Mushroom Red Wine Sauce (Food Network's The Kitchen recipe here), Garlic Hasselback Potatoes and Haricot Vert Green Beans with Garlic and Olive Oil.
I believe my husband enjoyed it, even though he left a little on his plate...
While we were too stuffed for a lavish dessert, I did make Cinnamon Bun cupcakes and homemade hot chocolate with pink marshmallow hearts.

I hope your day was filled with special treats also!




PS. Check out the link party at The Winthrop Chronicles and Its Overflowing

No comments

Please leave a comment! I do love hearing from you and enjoy visiting your blogs. I will respond via email or by replying to your comment here on my blog! Have a wonderful day!